Sunday, March 1, 2009

So I Apparently Now Write in my Sleep... Great.

So I vaguely remember doing this in the middle of the night, though, I have no idea what I was thinking or why this was worth writing. Maybe someday I'll figure out what it is I'm even saying.

I'm calling it "Sleeping for Two", it just seems to fit.

~Sleeping for Two~

Two dreams hope for divination
So that both may lay. Like banks
Torn by life's dead current, We
Yearn to stop the rain and drain
The pain that sustains the Death.
It cools; is not everything the same?
How sick life lived in castles stained...
In vain we reside--despite what our ear
And our eyes say--we remain half-hearted.
I fancy soft finger tips; like kisses
Burning breathless and cocaine on the
Lips. It comes--drugs to suppress our
Innocence, fire flies and scratches
Upon the throne of beauty, no time
For spaciousness, we've no place to go;
No roads to walk--it goes.
Who knows? See my open sores;
Practice closed and share the swine.
I'll pray in blue and green and say the name.
This is how we rest for eternity.
Two feet deep; still asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment